In the fall, we love using pumpkin for all things tasty, but most generally in desserts. I really wanted to find a delicious savory pumpkin recipe that I could make every year during the autumn time. Upon searching the World Wide Web, I found this recipe and made a few adjustments to make it my own. This dish is absolutely a hit. It’s easy to make and pairs nicely with chicken or pork, we did both pan seared chicken thighs as well as an herbed roasted pork loin, the two times we made it this season. And don’t forget, shredded parmesan on top!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1, 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2–4 teaspoons salt
- juice of 1 whole lemon, approx. 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried or fresh
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. rigatoni (you will have extra sauce, will be enough for up to 1.5-2 lbs rigatoni if serving a crowd)
- Cook according to package directions. reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain in colander.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin and broth, simmer until smooth. Add the cream, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary, simmer until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Add the lemon juice. Add cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Serve pasta in shallow bowls with a sprinkle of shredded parmesan.