One of my favorite things about the fall is all the glorious seasonal fruits and veggies, two of my all-time favorites are brussels and butternut squash. Both of these have a nuttiness to them, brussels on the savory side and butternut squash on the sweet side. I love pairing these together for a holiday side or even for your weeknight dinner. There is a lot of room for creativity with sheet pan veggies because you can season them how you wish. For this recipe I kept it simple, a little EVOO, sea salt, pepper blend (Lawry’s Seasoned Pepper, my fav), and garlic powder. Simply place them on a sheet pan and bake until tender, or until brussels are a bit charred on the edges… love me some charred brussel leaves!
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces brussels sprouts, halved
- 16 ounces butternut squash, peeled and diced 3/4-inch
- garlic powder, to taste
- pepper blend, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large sheet pan with oil.
- In a large bowl combine the brussels sprouts, butternut squash, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and arrange the vegetables onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are roasted and tender. Makes 4 cups