Watermelon is the epitome of SUMMER! I just love watermelon and making cocktails with it. This recipe is perfect for a summer bbq, you can make a pitcher of it to please all your guests! The flavor of the basil adds just the right amount of herbal flavor to this sweet drink. I have found a new favorite! But be careful… it’s a strong one!
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 3/4 cup watermelon pieces (cubed)
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 3 ounce silver tequila
- 1 1/2 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp triple sec
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Twang-A-Rita Sunrise Spice for the rim
- In a cocktail shaker, add watermelon, basil and a few pieces of ice. Muddle until watermelon is well juiced and basil is torn.
- Add agave, triple sec, and lime juice and fill with ice. Cover and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Rub the edge of the glass with a fresh lime wedge or lightly dip the glass in fresh lime juice. Dip in chile spice mixture and move glass around to fully coat.
- Double strain using the cocktail tea strainer into the freshly rimmed glass. Finish with fresh ice.