Ok seriously, this was one of the best Mexican style recipes I have EVER made. My boyfriend and I were in awe and couldn’t believe how flavorful and delicious this turned out! We said, “who needs Mexican restaurants when you have your own kitchen!” We continually ate the leftovers for days… and the juices marinated further, creating a better tasting dish by the day. I cannot emphasize how good this recipe is, how easy it is, and how impressed your guests will be if you decide to host a Mexican Fiesta!
- 1 (4-5 pound) lean boneless pork roast, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 1 cup beer (or chicken stock) * I used 1 bottle of Dos XX
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced) *use canned
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt * or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large slow cooker and give the mixture a stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours until the pork is completely tender and shreds easily with a fork. * I cooked 8 hours on low.
- Serve immediately in tacos, burritos, salads, or whatever sounds good to you! This pork can also be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or frozen in a sealed container for up to 3 months.