My husband is a spirits specialist and is always coming up with his own cocktails, many of which are twists on classics. This is similar to an espresso martini, but in my opinion, so much better! For an after dinner drink, or just an indulgent treat, this Mochatini is perfect. Serve it with shaved chocolate on top as a garnish, and you will not be disappointed. Cheers!
- 2 oz Irish cream (Five Farms Irish Cream)
- 2 oz Chocolate Hazelnut Liqueur (Bottega Gianduia Chocolate Liqueur)
- 1 oz Bourbon (Woodford Reserve Bourbon)
- 5 oz freshly brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1-2 small pieces of chocolate, dark or milk
- Brew your coffee or espresso with your preferred method, set aside.
- Gather your spirits, cocktail shaker, and jigger.
- Pour your espresso in your cocktail shaker, top with 2 oz of Irish cream, 2 oz chocolate liqueur, and 1 oz bourbon.
- Put a handful of ice or one large whiskey cube, broken, into your cocktail shaker, and shake until well chilled.
- Pour your cocktail mixture into a martini glass or glass of your choice.
- With a grater, grate your chocolate finely atop your drink, now it is ready to serve!