Deviled eggs are a must at every holiday table, but most especially for EASTER! I came across this recipe and had to try it, a unique twist on a classic… this did not disappoint. The flavors were everything I was hoping for and I will be making them over and over again. Make this for your Easter Sunday lunch and you will never switch back to regular ol’ deviled eggs again!
- 3-4 slices thick cut bacon, crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 1 whole jalapeño, *roasted & minced (alternatively, 8-10 slices pickled jalapeño)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Place 3-4 slices of thick cut bacon on a cooking rack/sheet, and one jalapeño, sliced in half and seeded.
- Bake bacon and jalapeño for 25 minutes or to your likeness.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of hot water while you bring 2-3″ of water to a boil in a pot.
- Reduce heat to medium and after it stops boiling carefully lower eggs into pot with a spoon.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then place eggs in a bowl of ice water.
- Wait ten minutes and then crack eggs on counter.
- Mince the roasted jalapeño and slice the cooked bacon.
- Peel eggs and cut in half.
- Scoop out the egg yolks into a mixing bowl and mash with fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, jalapeńos, salt and pepper.
- Mix until smooth and fill crevice in eggs with mixture, piping if desired.
- Garnish with paprika, and crumbled bacon.