This sangria is simple and refreshing, full of seasonal fruit and spices that make you taste the beauty of fall. I used a standard red blend table wine which is perfect for everyone’s palates. I love that this incorporated wine, fruit, and cinnamon, some of my favorite things. I plan to serve this recipe at my upcoming Halloween party, and after doing this sample batch, I know it will satisfy my all of my guests!
- 1 bottle light-bodied red wine blend (I used Trader Joe’s Charles Shaw Blend)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup cinnamon simple syrup*
- 1 Honeycrisp of gala apple cored and chopped
- 1/2 orange quartered and sliced
- 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine, apple cider, cinnamon simple syrup, and fruits.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight prior to serving.
*Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
6 cinnamon sticks
In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the sugar dissolves and the liquid just starts to thicken. Transfer the liquid to a heatproof container, add the cinnamon sticks, and chill for at least 4 hours.
If the recipe is too sweet or not sweet enough for your liking, you can add more red wine to lessen the sweetness, or more cinnamon simple syrup.