This Pico de Gallo recipe is specific to my best friend Misha, she is proud of this as well she should be, as it is flavorful and such a crowd pleaser. She is adamant about the fact that she does not measure anything, but the below measurements are approximate. She also adds ground black pepper to her Pico which adds another level of spice that is integral to the flavor of this recipe. She made this for my housewarming fiesta, served with homemade tortilla chips and Piña Coladas to compliment! I will only use her recipe for Pico, it is the best there is. Nothing better than the robust, fresh produce all marinating together with lime juice for a delicious aperitivo!
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 5 whole roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 large yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro minced
- 1/2 large jalapeno pepper minced, seeded if you want a more mild taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and place in fridge until ready to serve!