I am forever indebted to whoever figured out making homemade eggnog could be achieved in a blender. No separating eggs and whipping egg whites necessary for this simple and delicious holiday treat! You can serve this with or without alcohol, preferably bourbon if you choose to go the boozy route- I used 100 proof Southern Comfort, I think it blends well with the rest of the flavors in this drink. None of that overly sweetened supermarket eggnog ever again in my house I’ll tell ya that!
- 4 large eggs the freshest you can find
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (or superfine sugar)
- 1/2 tsp dried nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 oz bourbon (about 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add whole eggs to blender and blend on MED speed (or LOW if you only have a HIGH and LOW setting option) for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and blend another 20 seconds.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, cognac, bourbon, milk and heavy cream and blend until combined, about 10-15 seconds.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for a day or so to allow flavors to combine and mellow.
- Eggnog may have settled in the refrigerator, so either give it a good shake or two, or pour into a mixing bowl and give it a whisk to get everything combined.
- Serve with some additional grated nutmeg on top, and an optional cinnamon stick.