These little hors d’oeuvres are perfect for holiday parties, easy to make and please any crowd. I am a huge fan of brie in puff pastry, and the cranberry sauce on top with fresh thyme adds such a delightful flavor. This is also a great way to use leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving or your Christmas dinner. I am freezing my leftover cranberry sauce to use in various recipes such as this!
Ingredients for Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice (no sugar added or freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- One 12-ounce bag cranberries
Instructions for cranberry sauce
- Combine the sugar, orange juice, 1/2 cup water, the cinnamon, salt and cranberries in a medium saucepan. Bring up to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 15 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
Ingredients for Bites
- 1 package of frozen Puff pastry Sheets
- 1 quarter brie wheel
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Fresh thyme sprigs
Instructions for Bites
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- On a clean, dry cutting board lay down your sheet of defrosted puff pastry. Using a knife (or a pizza cutter), cut the dough into 3-4” squares. Press each pastry square into a well of the mini-muffin tin to form a cup with excess hanging off sides of cup. If the pastry has warmed to room temperature, place the tin in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to re-chill.
- Cut the brie into small cubes to place on the puff pastry in the muffin tin. Use a spoon to scoop desired amount of cranberry sauce onto brie. Before putting in the oven, sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
- Place the tin into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until brie is melted and cups begin to turn golden. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before removing from the tin.