Mojito’s are one of the most refreshing drinks, perfect for a hot day outdoors near the bbq pit. I wanted to make a twist on the classic, involving some type of berry. As I reflected on the flavors of a classic mojito, I thought blackberries would pair well with mint and would yield a sweet flavor without having to add simple syrup. I’m a huge fan of cocktails that use fruit for sweetness, without having to add sugar. Clean, simple and fresh ingredients, and delicious! Cheers!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 4 ounces white rum
- 4 ounces club soda
- 1 ounce lime juice, or 3 lime wedges
- 6–7 mint leaves
- 6-8 blackberries
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup or 1 tablespoon of sugar *optional
- cup of ice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle mint leaves, blackberries until pulverized. *add sugar or simple syrup if you are adding it. Add rum and ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour contents into a glass (no straining) and top with two ounces of club soda. Stir and garnish with mint leaves and blackberry.
- For different variations, substitute blackberries for raspberries, strawberries, mangos, blueberries, you name it!